Download and send your building permit application and site plans to Emily from Safe Building at email@example.com or call 515-333-4161.
To help move the permit process along quicker, please submit a site plan with distances to property lines and other structures and building plans with detail for your projects in addition to their permit applications.
The City of Windsor Heights will contact you for payment once Safe Building has approved your permit. All payments are to be made to the City of Windsor Heights. Permits are not valid until payment has been made.
Please click here to see when inspections are required during a project. Please contact Safe Building Iowa to schedule your inspection.
- For solar panel projects, submit a building permit as well as an electrical permit with the state.
- Commercial Mechanical
- Commercial Plumbing
- Electrical Permit - electrical permits and inspections are handled by the state. Please contact Steve Nisser at 515-210-7294.
- Residential Mechanical & Plumbing
- Temporary Structure (Commercial)
- Temporary Structure (Residential)
Do You Need a Permit?
Not sure if your project requires a permit? Click here to learn what projects require a permit, what the permit should include, and if you will need an inspection.
- Deck permit requirements
- Home addition permit requirements
- Garages, sheds, & other accessory structures permit requirements
- New Home Permit Requirements
- Trade permits: When trade permits are submitted, please make sure they are signed. If a contractor is filling out the permit, please include the business name. When a contractor applies for a permit, a contractor license number is required as well as a master license number (two different numbers). If a homeowner is pulling their own trade permit, their name should be the only one on the permit.
Download and send your city permit application and supporting documents to Adam, Deputy City Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-645-6826.
Right of Way Permits
Download and send your right of way permit application and site plans to Justin Ernst from Bolton & Menk at Justin.Ernst@bolton-menk.com or call 515-259-9190 x2786.
The City of Windsor Heights will contact you for payment once Bolton & Menk has approved your permit. All payments are to be made to the City of Windsor Heights. Permits are not valid until payment has been made.
- Construction Site Erosion & Sediment Control
- Driveway/Sidewalk + ROW
- Fiber Optic Cable License
- Right-of-Way Permit
Download and send your development application to Rose Schroder from Bolton & Menk at Rose.Schroder@bolton-menk.com or call 515-259-9190.