Ball Field Rentals
How to Rent
Spring Session Ball Field rental requests will be processed in the order they are received, beginning January 13 - January 31, 2020.
Please email all requests to Whitney Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org and include
- Name, team name, contact number, email address
- Have you rented in the past?
- Are you a Windsor Heights Resident (proof of residency required to receive discount)
- 1st & 2nd choice for practice dates and times
- Initial requests will be limited to one evening a week with 2 hours (consecutive) maximum rental period
- Example request: Thursday, March 30th, 6-8 pm; Sundays 3 - 4 pm - May 3, 10, 17, 24.
- Each individual team/coach will be allowed one individual request for session rental space. A coach cannot request a rental reservation for more than one team.
- If additional evenings are of interest to your team, please note that in your email. We will try to accommodate these requests, following the initial scheduling.
- All schedule requests will be reviewed and approved according to the email delivery date. You will be notified of the finalized approved schedule. After reviewing the designated rental schedule, your team manager can confirm the reservation by submitting:
- A signed rental agreement
- Full rental payment: credit cards, cash or check
- Payment made at Windsor Heights City Hall: 1145 66th street Windsor Heights IA
- A damage deposit check for $100.
- This is a separate check that will not be cashed but held until the completion of your rental period. If no damages have been incurred, the renter will be notified and the check will be shredded.
|1 Hour Rental||$25.00||$20.00|
|2 Hour Rental||$40.00||$36.00|
|3 Hour Rental||$60.00||$54.00|
|March 13th - April 14th||April 17th - July 31st|
|5 - 6 pm||5 - 6 pm|
|6 - 7:30 pm (Non Res $37.50/Res $30)||6 - 7 pm|
|7 - 8 pm|
Practice Spring & Fall Session Rentals
Softball and baseball teams may rent the field for weekly practices in the spring and fall. Fall Session Rental requests are accepted in July or until all available rental periods are filled. All requests are on a first-come basis. Fall session rental requests will be accepted and noted at a later date.
- Spring Session: March 13 - July 24, 2020
- Fall Session: August 10- October 9, 2020
The Windsor Heights ball field is conveniently located just north of Interstate 235 and is easily accessible from all of the surrounding suburban communities. Our ball field is located within the charming and family-friendly Colby Park.
The Windsor Heights ball field is adjacent to the Walnut Creek bike path, allowing a rider to access major city trails such as; The Clive Greenbelt Trail and The Bill Riley Trail.
The park includes tennis courts, a picnic area with grills, public restrooms and generous green space to warm up your team before practice begins.
The Windsor Heights ball field was completely renovated in 2010 and includes covered dugouts, bleachers, 50’ bases, a 40’ mound and a center field depth of 260’.
It was specifically designed to accommodate youth programs and provide a safe and pleasant space for families and young athletes to enjoy. Over the years, it has naturally developed into the “field of choice” for multiple baseball and softball teams throughout the surrounding communities.
Download the Recreational Rental Agreement (PDF) to use the park for family reunions, birthday parties, organizational field days, neighborhood gatherings, etc.