Community Center & Pavilion Rental Information
Governor Reynolds has issued a statewide indoor mask mandate effective 11/17/20 at 12:01 AM.
- Everyone two years and older must wear a mask when they are in an indoor public space and within 6 feet of someone outside of their household for more than 15 minutes
- Indoor gatherings are limited to 15 people
- Outdoor gatherings limited to 30 people
- Restaurant and bars must close at 10 pm
This is effective until December 10th, 2020.
At the 8/17//20 meeting, the Windsor Heights City Council decided to reopen the Community Center. The Pavilion is also available to rent at this time.
Please email Communications/Recreations Coordinator Whitney Tucker with any questions at email@example.com.
To view a calendar of available dates, please click on the calendar above, select the Community Center & Pavilion and then the space size that you are interested in renting. If a date is orange that means there is an event scheduled, but a least of other available times will be displayed to the right.
Tours of the facility are canceled due to COVID-19. If you would like to see the facility, please refer to the video tour below. At the bottom of the page, there is also a slideshow of the facility and a link to the building floor plans.
How to Rent
You will need to create an account first. After you have selected your dates and times, a notification will be sent to Windsor Heights to approve your rental. Once it has been approved, you will receive an email to pay online.
Windsor Heights does not hold dates and all rentals are on a first-come basis only.
For questions about renting the Community Center, please contact Communications/Recreation Coordinator Whitney Tucker Monday-Friday at 515-645-6819 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails and voicemails left over the weekend will be returned the following business day.
6900 School Street, Windsor Heights, IA 50324
STANDARD RENTAL FEES (Weekend and After 4 pm Weekdays)
- All Saturday rentals require a 5-hour minimum rental time
- All other days require a 2-hour minimum rental time
- The Center is available to rent from 7 am to midnight
1/3 SPACE: $75 per hour
- Holds up to 70 guests
- Includes full concession kitchen
- No AV equipment provided
- 7 - 72 inch round tables provided
2/3 SPACE: $100 per hour
- Holds up to 100 guests
- Includes a large catering kitchen
- AV equipment included and microphone
- 10 – 72 inch round tables provided
FULL SPACE: $125 per hour
- $1600 for Full Day Rental (7 am -12 am)
- $400 Additional Rental Option: When used in combination with a Saturday, Full Day Rental, a User has the option to rent the Full Space on the Friday evening prior to their Saturday event, from 8 pm -12 am.
- Any additional hours outside of the 8 pm-12 am will be priced at $125/hour.
- Holds up to 200 guests with 20 – 72 inch round tables
- Includes a large catering kitchen and an option to also rent the concession kitchen for an additional fee of $50 with a full day rental.
PAVILION: $50 for 4 hours or $100 for 8 hours. It is not rented hourly, but only in 4 or 8-hour blocks.
- Outlets for sound equipment are on each pillar
- No chairs are provided
- No alcohol is allowed outside in Colby Park
WEEKDAY DAYTIME RENTAL FEES
Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
1/3 Space: $ 60 per hour
2/3 Space: $ 80 per hour
Full Space: $ 100.00 per hour
- No other Discounts or Fee Exceptions apply to Weekday Rental Fees, including resident or nonprofit discounts.
- Weekday Rental Fees do not apply to holiday rentals. Rentals that fall on a holiday are charged at the standard price.
- Rental hours outside of the 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. period will be calculated at the standard rental fees.
DISCOUNTS AND FEE EXCEPTIONS
- 25% discount applied to hourly rental fees for Windsor Heights residents.
- ID or mail required for proof of Windsor Heights Residency.
- Weekday Daytime Hourly Rental Fees are excluded.
- 10% discount applied to the hourly rental of the following non-profit groups or organizations: Non-profit groups/organizations (including civic and service groups, government or religious groups, scout groups or youth organizations and active military (if no admission is charged).
- Fees may be waived by the City Council for events in the Community Center on a special case basis for nonprofit organizations only. This is based on the sole discretion of the Council, no fee waivers will be approved by City staff. Staff will put together the necessary paperwork and resolutions for consideration by the City Council. Please coordinate these requests with City staff. A request must be made 30 days prior to the rental date.
- Discounts only apply to the hourly rental fee and all other associated fees remain in full.
- If the Facility is being used for a fundraiser project, all tickets must be an advanced sale.
- All cancellations are nonrefundable.
- $50 flat fee
• No hard liquor is allowed in the facility.
• Using the City’s cleaning service is required when over 80 guests are present and alcohol is served.
• An off duty Windsor Heights Police Officer is required to be present for the event and the renter is required to use the City’s cleaning service if alcohol and over 150 people are present.
• Payment for the off duty officer must be made directly to the officer by means of personal check 30 days prior to the event. An invoice will be sent by the Windsor Heights Police Officers Association 60 days prior to the event.
• No cash bar service is allowed in the Community Center. All alcohol must be given away and is not allowed to be sold.
• Staff reserves the right to exercise discretion when determining if an officer is needed.
• A flat fee is charged whenever any alcohol is served in the facility, regardless of the guest count.
- 1/3 Space $50
- 2/3 Space $100
- Full Space $150
SPECIAL EVENT APPLICATION
The City of Windsor Heights Special Event Application is necessary for the use of private property, public property and/or park property that is open to the public, or requires right-of-way usage or temporary street closures: parades, runs/walk, fairs/festivals, outdoor concerts/amplified sounds, athletic events, horse carriage, fundraisers, farmer’s markets, fireworks/pyrotechnics, demonstrations, exhibitions, temporary structures (tents, canopies, stages, inflatables), (excluding block parties).
Agreements & Guidelines
Photography by Steve Peterson
Decorations by Eventfully Yours