Yard Waste & Compost
Purchase Yard Waste Bags & Stickers
The 2020 Compost It! season runs weekly on Fridays from April 10th through November 28th.
Yard waste bags and bundles are collected from the curb weekly during Compost It! season, typically on garbage collection day.
- Yard Waste Bags & Stickers
- New Yard Waste Cart
- Renew Yard Waste Cart
- Click here to view a list of retailers who sell yard waste bags and stickers.
- Residents can purchase the bags and stickers at several stores across the metro. They don't have to be purchased within the city of Windsor Heights.
- There are no changes to bag and sticker costs: Bags are $8 for a bundle of 5; Compost It! stickers are $1.25/each; Annual cart stickers are $105 (or $106 if renewing online).
Small twigs and branches, leaves, and lawn clippings, as well as garden vegetation, can be collected.
- Twigs and branches: each bundle requires a green Compost it! sticker and must be smaller than four feet long by eighteen inches in diameter.
- Leaves and lawn clippings: these should be placed at the curb in Compost It! yard waste bags, or store-brand bags with a green Compost It! sticker. No other bags can be collected.
- Garden vegetation: if it died on the vine, it can be disposed of through the Compost It! program. However, spoiled fruits and vegetables from the fridge belong in the trash.
2020 Compost It! Program Reminders
- The 2020 Compost It! season runs weekly on Fridays from April 10th through November 28th.
- Winter Collection dates are January 2nd and 8th.
- 2020 stickers can be used for Winter Collection
- Yard waste cart stickers and brochures will be delivered around March 1 to City Hall.
About Compost It!
A Compost It! cart is on wheels, just like your Curb It! recycling cart, making it a convenient alternative to yard waste bags. Simply wheel it to the curb on garbage day during Compost It! season. The 96-gallon cart can hold the equivalent of three yard waste bags, but you can always use the Bags & Sticker program if your yard waste exceeds the cart’s capacity. For more information, visit the Metro Wast Authority Cart Service page.
If you are moving, you may leave your cart for the next resident. If you no longer want your cart, you have the option to use it for storage, gift it to a neighbor, or sell it as you own the cart. Metro Waste Authority will not take the cart back unless it is new. If you have additional questions, please call Metro Waste Authority at 515-244-7336.