Traveling throughout Windsor Heights is easy due to an excellent arterial road system, meaning you won’t waste time stuck in traffic and neither will your customers and clients.
Windsor Heights is blessed to be situated between two major exits on I-235, within minutes to two of America’s major interstates, I-35 and I-80, and within minutes of Des Moines International Airport, making Windsor Heights a magnet for companies who recognize this transportation access as a distinct competitive advantage.
Windsor Heights is served by I-35 which connects to the Twin Cities in the north and Kansas City to the south and I-80 which connects to Omaha to the west and Chicago to the east; providing immediate coast-to-coast and border-to-border access. Additionally, I-235 connects Windsor Heights to downtown Des Moines.
- Traffic Counts: Traffic Count Summary for local roads in Windsor Heights.
- Traffic Count Map: Iowa DOT Traffic Count Map
- Iowa Interstate Railroad
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Des Moines International Airport is a multi-faceted operation. Des Moines International Airport (DSM) is Iowa's largest airport and among the 100 most active commercial airports in the nation. Des Moines International is served by nine commercial carriers. Passengers have non-stop access to 16 destinations and international flights made with one connection to larger cities. Windsor Heights is a short 10 minute drive to the Des Moines International Airport. Public and private economic activities at the airport include basic airport operations, passenger services, cargo services, general aviation, along with a host of concessions and vendors all designed to assist travelers.
- Chartered flights can be obtained through several companies listed on this site to enable your company to set your own schedule.
- Air Cargo Des Moines International Airport already ranks in the top 50 airports for air cargo tonnage and is steadily increasing its ranking as more companies recognize the advantages of DSM International Airport.
- Des Moines Area Regional Transit contains information such as bus routes, fares, and carpool organization.