The Building Department issues permits necessary to enforce the building codes, city and state requirements, and provides guidance for your building projects.
A permit is necessary to engage in construction of or changes to any of the following
- Accessory buildings or structures
- Commercial and residential buildings
- Excavation/grading or demolition
- Monument, building, or temporary signs
- Special events including an outdoor sales event, seasonal sales event or temporary site uses
- Plumbing or mechanical work
- Swimming Pools
This is not meant to be an “all inclusive” list as every project can be different in some aspects.
To download a permit application or to view permit requirements, please click here.
If you have questions regarding the need for a building permit, please contact, City Inspector, 515.279.3662