Urbandale/Windsor Heights Sanitary Sewer District
The Urbandale/Windsor Heights Sanitary Sewer District consists of three members. Members are elected at a special election or at a special meeting of the Board of Trustees, called specifically for an election. Members serve a six year term. The District meets the third Tuesday of the month at 3:00 p.m. Meetings are held at the Windsor Heights City Hall (1133 66th Street). To discuss a District item, please contact the District's attorney, Paul Drey, at 515-274-1450.
The City of Urbandale has two Districts located within the City's corporate limits. View the Sanitary Sewer Map to locate your district.
District's Areas of Focus:
- Provides for the disposal of all sanitary sewage within the District.
- Constructs, provides and maintains the necessary facilities to provide proper flow of collected sewage, which includes laterals, truck lines and interceptors. In addition, the District is responsible for infrastructure jointly shared with the Des Moines Metropolitan Wastewater Reclamation Authority
- Levies property taxes and/or special assessments for the payment of bonds issued by the District.
- Imposes user charges (sewer rentals) based upon water consumption and other fees for the payment of expenditures, including debt service
Below is the current Urbandale/Windsor Heights Sanitary Sewer District members:
|Member Name||Term Expires|
|Joe Garvey Jr.||01/02/2017|
Contact the Urbandale/Windsor Heights Sanitary Sewer District:
- Phone - The District's Attorney's Office, 515-274-1450