The Windsor Heights Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Peace Officer to fill one fulltime vacancy. Minimally qualified applicants must be:
- 21 years of age
- Be of good moral character
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak the English language
- Have never been convicted of an indictable offense or crime of moral turpitude; deferred judgments must have a minimum of ten years elapsed from case resolution, simple misdemeanor convictions other than traffic offenses must have a minimum of five years from case resolution
- Not addicted to drugs or alcohol
- Have 20/100 eyesight which is correctable to 20/20 and color and field of vision are normal
- Normal hearing in each ear
- Must not object to the use of force in the line of duty
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED; a minimum of 30 undergraduate credit hours from an accredited post-secondary education institution is preferred
- Must hold a valid State of Iowa drivers license or commercial license upon hire
- Establish residency in the State of Iowa upon hire, must live within 30 miles of the public safety building within one year
- This position is subject to the City of Windsor Heights Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy which includes: pre-employment, post-accident, deadly force, random, reasonable suspicion, return to duty and/or follow-up testing.
ILEA certified candidates (or equivalent out of state certification with a minimum of three years law enforcement experience) will be given preference. Starting salaries: non-certified candidates $46,337 annually; certified peace officer starting range $46,337 - $52,923 with excellent benefits package, paid time off (PTO), and enrollment in the IPERS retirement system.
Applicants should complete and submit a city application, resume and cover letter to the attention of Interim Chief of Police Derek Meyer, Windsor Heights Police Department, 1133 66th St., Windsor Heights, Iowa, 50324. Application materials may be mailed, dropped off, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
Currently there is no active selection process.