All building inspections need to be scheduled by calling the Building Department at 515-645-6826. In order to allow ample time to plan our schedules, we ask that you contact us at least 24 hours prior to your desired inspection time.
Please leave a message if we cannot answer immediately, and leave the following information:
- Project Address
- Type of inspection needed
- Contact name and phone number
All inspections are scheduled on a first come first served basis, Monday through Friday only.
The following is a list of required inspections. This is not a full list and other inspections or documentation may be required at any point at the Building Department's discretion.
- Framing and Mechanical Rough-in
- Plumbing Rough-in
- Mechanical Rough-in
- Final Plumbing
- Final Mechanical
- Sidewalk, Driveway Approach and Curb Cuts are scheduled through the Public Works Department (515-645-6820)
- Final Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (CO)
- Perimeter Erosion Controls in Place
Things To Know
Soil tests and other engineering may be required. It is the responsibility of the contractor to find out and have any required reports before footing inspections.