Spring is showing itself early which means residents are ready to get out and do some yard work! So it’s time to talk Compost It! Yard Waste Season!
Here are updates and reminders about the 2017 Compost It! program to help you as the season approaches.
• The 2017 Compost It! season starts the week of April 3 and runs through Dec. 1, 2017.
• Winter Collection will be Jan. 2, 2018 – Jan. 12, 2018.
• There are no changes to bag and sticker costs: Bags are $8 for a bundle of 5; Compost It! stickers are $1.25/each; Annual cart stickers are $105 (or $106 if renewing online).
• Yard waste cart stickers and brochures will be delivered by March 1 to City Hall.
Visit Metro Waste Authority's website, to renew online or to answer questions, www.WhereItShouldGo.com/YardWaste.
A Compost It! cart is on wheels, just like your Curb It! cart, making it a convenient alternative to yard waste bags. Simply wheel it to the curb on garbage day during Compost It! season. The 96-gallon cart can hold the equivalent of three yard waste bags, but you can always use the Bags & Sticker program if your yard waste exceeds the cart's capacity.
Consider a cart if:
- You purchase more than 65 bags a year.
- You garden, bag grass clippings, have a lot of trees or don't want to hassle with bags
New customers pay a one-time fee for the cart. Some cities rent the cart to residents, while others sell the cart. First-time participants also pay an annual service fee to cover the cost of collection and to process the material. Visit your community's Collection Information page to learn how to sign up.