Windsor Heights Community and Events Center
After nearly 6 years in the planning, the Windsor Heights Community and Events Center opened in July of 2010. This signature facility can seat over 200 people and be split into two different sized rooms, depending on your special event needs.
Since opening, the facility has hosted wedding receptions, birthday parties, corporate retreats and trainings and countless other events, including the First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama. The center has received amazingly positive reviews from citizens and renters who have had the opportunity to experience the facility since it opened. Click here to view availability of the Community and Events Center for your event. Colby Park also features a performance pavilion (pictured below), which is also available for rent, tennis courts, playground, open green space and a dog park just south of I-235 along the trail. The ballfield is also for rent and the rental calendar can be viewed here.
The building can be split into a 1/3 size and a 2/3 size or can remain as the entire room, based on the size and demands of your event. The Community and Events Center features a catering kitchen and a concession kitchen, which can be used in conjunction with larger events or smaller events. In addition, the larger room (or the 2/3 size room) has a drop down screen and projector for your presentation needs; all you need is your laptop. The entire building, 2/3 and 1/3 room also have wireless microphones so everyone will have no problem hearing your presentation.
The Community and Events Center is located in Colby Park, 6900 School Street, Windsor Heights, Iowa. The park also has a recently renovated and redesigned ball field, playground and performance pavilion. If you are interested in renting any other facility in conjunction with your Community and Events Center Rental, please do not hesitate to ask. Please contact Tracy Levine at 645-6821 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to rent the facility.
Have you visited out new Community and Events Center at Colby Park?
Please share your comments using our new online survey about the new center. Click here to view the survey.
Interested in renting the Windsor Heights
Community & Events Center?
Follow these steps:
1. View the Community and Events Center calendar to look for an available rental date. The building can be broken down from the full space (seats up to 200 people) into two sides, a 2/3rd side (seats 80 – 100 people) and a 1/3rd side (seats 50 – 70 people). Rentals on the calendar note which side of the building or if the entire space is rented.
2. Once you find an available date and time for a rental, review the Windsor Heights Community and Events Center Guidelines & Fee Structure and complete the Facility Use Agreement (Please note that your rental is not confirmed until it appears on this Community and Events Center calendar. Submission of the Facility Use Agreement does not guarantee rental availability or rental confirmation).
3. Email the completed Facility Use Agreement and Alcohol Responsibility Agreement to email@example.com. Once your email is received, the Parks and Special Events Coordinator will review the documents to verify they were completed correctly and that the space, date and time are available. Even if alcohol is not being served, the Alcohol Responsibility Agreement form must be completed.
4. The Parks and Special Events Coordinator will then respond to your email, assigning a value to the rental that will be noted on the Facility Use Agreement. At that time, you will be asked to pay the rental building deposit. The amount of this deposit will vary based on the rental guidelines. Once the deposit has been paid by check or cash, made out to the City of Windsor Heights (and sent to: City of Windsor Heights, 1133 – 66th Street, Windsor Heights, IA 50324, ATTN: Tracy or dropped off at city hall or the community and events center), and the Facility Use Agreement and Alcohol Responsibility Agreement has been returned and signed, your rental will be added to the Community and Events Center Calendar. Additionally, a $200 security damage/cleaning deposit check is required for all rentals. The check is held and not cashed unless a problem arises. This check is due at the same time you return the Facility Use Agreement
5. At this time, your rental will be confirmed and added to the Community and Events Center Calendar. The Parks and Special Events Coordinator will stay in touch throughout the rental period to make sure payments are made on time.
Windsor Heights Community Center Fee Structure
The below fees are subject to change and additional charges if alcohol is served or admission is being charged. To reserve the center, please call Tracy Levine at 645-6821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hourly rate: Sunday – Friday (2 hour minimum)
Saturday Nov.-Mar. Saturday (5 hour minimum) -- April-Oct. (10 hour minimum)
1/3 of room $50 per hour (includes use of concession kitchen)
2/3 of room $65 per hour (includes use of catering kitchen)
Full room $90 per hour (includes use of both catering and concession kitchen)
$25 administrative fee for each rental
All day Saturday rental for the full space =$1,300
All day Saturday rental for the full space including Friday starting at 8 p.m. = $1,700
Click here to view the entire Windsor Heights Community and Events Center Guidelines & Fee Structure
Click here to view more photos of the Community and Events Center on our Facebook Page.