OCTOBER 3, 2016, REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
6:00 P.M. 1133 66Th ST COUNCIL CHAMBERS
WINDSOR HEIGHTS, IOWA 50324 (515) 279-3662
(Full detail and supporting documents for each item can be found at www.windsorheights.org If you do not have web / internet access, and would like the supporting documents and information, please call City Hall by 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting and we will provide you a hard copy at the meeting)Notice to the Public: In consideration of all, if you have a cell phone, please turn it off or put it on silent ring. The use of obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, racial slurs, slanderous comments, and any other disruptive behavior during the Council meeting will not be tolerated and the offender may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting and/or removed from the meeting.
1) Call to Order/Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance
2) Approval of the Agenda
3) Approval of the Minutes
4) Council Member Comments
a)Board, Committee, Commission Updates
5) Public Comment. This is an opportunity for any citizen to come forward and discuss any item that is not listed on the Agenda. (Please make your remarks from the podium and limit your presentation to no more than 5 minutes. -Registered Comment – Darren Fife, Walnut Creek Watershed
6) Approval of the Consent Agenda.
All items listed below are considered routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council Member or citizen so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.
a.) Claims and Payroll
7) Consideration of Resolution No. 16-0966, A Resolution Authorizing the Adoption and Sale of Property
8) Consideration of Ordinance No. 16-10, An Ordinance Repealing Ordinance NO. 16-01 and Amending Ordinance NOS. 89-1, 95-10, 96-5, 06-01, 09-07, 12-15, and14-12, and Providing that General Property Taxes Levied and Collected each Year on all Property Located Within the Second Amended and Restated Urban Renewal Area, in the City of Windsor Heights, County of Polk, State of Iowa, by and for the Benefit of the State of Iowa, City of Windsor Heights, County of Polk, Des Moines and West Des Moines Community School Districts and Other Taxing Districts, be Paid to a Special Fund for Payment of Principal and Interest on Loans, Monies Advanced to and Indebtedness, Including Bonds Issued or to be Issued, Incurred by the City in Connection with the Second Amended and Restated Urban Renewal Area.(1st reading)
9) Discussion and Possible Action on Sunset Terrace Sewer Scoping, Central Iowa Televising
10) Mayor’s Inquiries
11) Adjourn to 6:00 pm on Monday, October 17, 2016, for a council meeting at Council Chambers