January 12, 2016, REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
6:00 P.M. COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 1133 66TH STREET WINDSOR HEIGHTS, IOWA 50324 (515) 279-3662
(Full detail and supporting documents for each item can be found at www.windsorheights.org If you do not have web / internet access, and would like the supporting documents and information, please call City Hall by 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting and we will provide you a hard copy at the meeting)
1) Call to Order/Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance
2) Approval of the Agenda
3) Council Member Comments
a) Board, Committee, Commission Updates
4) Approval of the Minutes:
5) Public Comment. This is an opportunity for any citizen to come forward and discuss any item that is not listed on the Agenda. (Please make your remarks from the podium and limit your presentation to no more than 5 minutes.)
a) Registered Comment – SupervisorRobert Brownell, Polk County Update
6) Public Hearing.
7) Approval of the Consent Agenda.
All items listed below are considered routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a Council Member or citizen so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.
a) Claims and Payroll
b) December’s Treasurers Report
8) Consideration of Liquor License Applications
a) Class C Liquor License Renewal, Mustard’s Restaurant
9) Recognition and Certificate of Appreciation, Eagle Scout Project, Scott O’Brien (Tennis Court Practice Board)
10) Consideration of Resolution No. 16-0101, A Resolution Naming Depositories for the City of Windsor Heights, Iowa
12) Consideration of Resolution No. 16-0103, A Resolution to Appointa Member and Alternate Member(s) to the Polk County Emergency Management Commission
13) Consideration of Resolution No. 16-104, A Resolution Establishing a Development Review Schedule for the 2016 Calendar Year
14) Consideration of Resolution No. 16-105, A Resolution to Declare Necessity and Establish an Urban Renewal Area, Pursuant to Section 403.4 of the Code of Iowa, Designating such Area as Appropriate for Urban Renewal Projects; and Adopting the Second Amended and Restated Urban Renewal Plan Map for Exhibits B and C – Urban Renewal Area
15) Consideration of Ordinance No. 16-01, An Ordinance Providing that General Property Taxes Levied and Collected Each Year on All Property Located Within the Second Amended and Restated Urban Renewal Area, in the City of Windsor Heights and Other Taxing Districts be Paid to a Special Fund for Costs Incurred by the City in Connection with the Seconded Amended and Restated Urban Renewal Area.
16) Consider Approval of Pay Application, Hickman/63rd Streetscape and Gateway Signage (Pay Application #2 / Final less Retainage) Budget Impact: $90,137.20
17) Chamber of Commerce Update
19) Consideration of Selection of Marketing and Special Events Consultant, 75th Anniversary Celebration and Events
20) Administrator Report
a) Strategic Planning
b) Budget Update
c) February 1 Council Meeting
21) Mayor’s Inquiries
22) Adjourn to 5:00pm on Tuesday February 1 2016, at Windsor Heights Council Chambers