Anode Retrofit Project- Des Moines Water Works
Des Moines Water Works will be working on Cathodic Protection Project (Anode Retrofit) starting in your neighborhood. This project focuses on reducing the number of main breaks, therefore extending the life of the water mains that run through our streets.
Hydro-Klean will be working for Des Moines Water Works, so you will see them in your neighborhood. Utility locates will be painted on your street, which is where the vacuum excavating and core drilling will take place and a 14-inch piece of pavement or grass will be removed. Des Moines Water Works staff will then come in and perform their work and restore the disturbed areas. Construction on your street will last from a few days to up to a week.
During the installation of the anode retrofit system, parking will be restricted on the side of the street where the water main is located. We will not be working directly in your driveways, however, our vehicles may be blocking them for a short period of time. We apologize for any inconvenience and noise during some portions of this project. The first stages of the project will most likely be the loudest, then there should be minimal noise produced in the remainder of the work. All disturbed areas will be restored to the original condition after construction is complete.
- 73rd Street- University Avenue to Wilshire Blvd.- Completed
- 69th Street- Washington Avenue to Hickman Road- Completed
- 66th Street- School Street to University Avenue- Completed
- Jefferson Avenue- 73rd Street to 70th Street- Completed
- Washington Avenue- 70th Street to 68th Street- Completed
- 68th Street- Elmcrest Dr to Colby Avenue- Completed
- Sunset Terrace- Completed
Estimated Start Date
- June 4, 2018
Estimated Completion Date
- Project completed on June 19, 2018
- Des Moines Waters Works, Hydro Klean
- Des Moines Water Works 515-283-8700
City Staff Project Contact
- Public Works Director Dalton Jacobus 515-645-6825
- Des Moines Water Works will be working on anode retrofitting on 66th Street from School to University and Washington Ave from 70th Street to 68th Street. Please pay attention to the traffic control which will be signs that say: Road Work Ahead, Single Lane Ahead, and traffic cones with a taper around the work zone. DMWW’s crew will continue to work on 73rd Street.